Friday, September 16, 2011

The Eyes are the Windows of the Soul

So now it begins. I decided to start with my personal favorite. You see, when I was in college studying art I was struggling with drawing eyes. They looked so flat and lifeless. One day I sat down and worked on a series of eyes, and they were awful. I was so frustrated that I was obviously missing something, so I put it away. The next day I picked up my sketchbook and tried it again. Something clicked. That day I began to draw the most beautiful eyes. What a difference a day makes. I wish I had saved the page of failures to show you the incredible difference but you'll have to take my word for it. These are two of the eyes I drew that day and they still enchant me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - very expressive! Important lesson about perserverance - I love these thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete